Date(s) - 25/10/2020 - 02/11/2020
Monaco, 25th October – 2nd November 2020
Monaco Chess Federation and FIDE Zone 1.10, with the support of ECU, are pleased to invite the members of Zone 1.10 to the 4th European Small Nations Individual Championship.
- Tournament System
2.1. The event will be a ten-player round-robin event and all players will be hosted on a full board basis in xxxxxxxxxxxx hotel.
2.2. Each member Federation is invited to send one player as its representative.
2.3. Players accept that they have read the FIDE and Tournament Regulations and are obliged to follow them.
2.4. The Tournament Director is Jean Michel Rapaire (President of Monaco Chess Federation) and may be contacted at email@example.com or on +telephone. Skype account is xxxxxxxxxxxx.
- Time Control
For each player 90 minutes for the first 40 moves, followed by 30 minutes for the rest of the game with an increment of 30 seconds per move from move one.
- Draw Offers
The players cannot draw a game by agreement before black’s 30th move. A claim for a draw before black’s 30th move is permitted only through the Chief Arbiter (or his Deputy) in the cases of perpetual check or threefold repetition.”
- Travel Expenses and Airport Transfers
Travel expenses shall be covered by the participating Federations or players. All players and accompanying persons are kindly asked to notify the organizers of their travel arrangements. The transfer from the airport to the hotel in Monaco will be managed by the organizers, free of charge. For any additional information about Monaco we suggest the following site: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com
- Board & Lodging
Players will be accommodated in single rooms with breakfast and they will receive €20 per meal.
Monaco is also pleased to host one official from each member Federation, on a full board basis, between the dates. (Optional)
Any additional accompanying person will have to pay for their stay. The Zone Council will ensure that the playing hall and hotel is up to international standard.
Prizes and Trophies
The prizes for the event are:
1st – €2000 euros, 2nd – €1500 euros, €3rd – 1000 euros.
In case of a tie, any prize money will be split equally.
If two or more players tie for any of the first three places, the tie to decide the awarding of the trophies will be broken (in descending order) by:
- Direct encounter
- The greater number of wins
- Sonneborn Berger
- Score Koya System
The winner of the Zone Championship will be one of FIDE president nominations for FIDE World Cup 2015.
- We much check out if this agreement will be followed by the new FIDE president of we will ask ECU president.
- Drawing of Lots and Pairings
The drawing of Lots will be made during the Technical meeting or Opening Ceremony at the start of the event. Players will be called out to select a number based on their rating with the highest rated player first.
Pairings will be made with Swiss Manager Software and pairings/results will be posted on the official website as well as on Chess-Results.com.
- Appeals Committee
- The Appeals Committee will be selected prior to the first round during the Technical Meeting.
- This Committee shall consist of three members and two reserve members. Its members will be chosen by the players from their own number or from representatives of the national federations present at the tournament. The members of the Committee should belong to different federations.
- No member of the Committee is entitled to take decision in cases affecting a player of his own federation.
- The protest must be accompanied with the sum of €50 EUR, as a deposit from the signatory. If the protest is accepted and the decision changed, then the deposit will be returned back to the claimant. Otherwise money will be transferred to Monaco Chess Federation’s Treasury.
- Protests must be submitted to the Appeals Committee in writing, not more than 30 minutes after the end of the relevant playing session.
- The Committee shall reach its decision before mid-day on the day following the protest. Its decision is final.
- Registration – Information
Dead Line for Registration is xxxxxxxxxxx 2020
Registration and travel details should be sent to the Tournament Director:
Mr. Jean Michel Rapaire
Tel: +, Fax. +
- Any Other matter
For any other matter not mentioned in the General Regulations, the Tournament Director may decide according to the FIDE Tournament Regulations.